- For your reference, a partial listing of the park rules is listed below:
- All pets must be on a leash at all times, and animal waste is to be cleaned up by the owner. Horses are prohibited.
- Glass bottles of any type are prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages on park grounds are prohibited.
- Firearms and fireworks of any type are prohibited.
- Damaging or defacing any park property is strictly prohibited.
- Driving or parking outside of designated parking areas or driveways is strictly prohibited.
- Observe posted speed limits at all times.
- Abusive or offensive language is not permitted at any time.
- Advertising or solicitation is not permitted.
- Selling of any concession items is not permitted.
- Parks are for use by PGMUD residents only.
- It is unlawful to violate any of the park guidelines and rules.
- No open fires or burning of any kind, with the exception of controlled pit fires in District-owned and maintained barbecue pits located in District-owned parks and facilities.
Violation of any of the PGMUD guidelines or rules related to parks will subject the violator to a fine of up to $5000 per violation or criminal penalties, including imprisonment, or both. In addition, improperly parked vehicles are subject to being towed at the operator or owner’s expense. Observed violations should be reported to the parks manager PGMUD by calling (832) 818-5600 or the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Department at (281) 342-6116.
Guide to Parks in and Around Pecan Grove
There are several parks in the Pecan Grove area to enjoy on your own or for scheduling a family outing.
For information on rules, hours and scheduling an event see below or visit the Pecan Grove MUD web site.
Park Reservations – Individuals, groups and organizations within the PGMUD that wish to use the fields must reserve them with the Parks Manager by calling Marcus Campbell (832) 818-5600 or send your request to email@example.com.
Reservations for the picnic pavilion by individuals, groups and organizations within the PGMUD are also made through the PGMUD Parks Manager (see above)
Reservations will be accepted no earlier than 30 days in advance. Without reservations, use is on a first come, first served basis. A deposit or fee may be charged for use of the District’s facilities.
When are they needed? Reservations are required to guarantee access to the practice fields and Picnic Pavilion at Pecan Grove Park and Pecan Lakes. Residents are welcome to use any open field or the Pavilion at any time; however, they are subject to being “bumped” by a reservation holder. Reservations are required for individuals or groups who wish to schedule an event at one of the District park sites.
How do you make reservations? Contact the Parks Manager,Parks Manager by calling Marcus Campbell (832) 818-5600 or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where are the Parks located?
- Pecan Grove Park: 800 Pitts Rd by PGPOA Fire Station, Open Daylight Hours, 7 days a week
Amenities: Baseball, Football, Soccer, Sand Volleyball and Frisbee Golf, Restrooms, Playgrounds, Picnic Tables, Picnic Pavilion
Maintained by: Pecan Grove Municipal Utility District
- Plantation Memorial Park: 2100 Plantation Drive – Open during daylight hours 7 days per week
Levee – surrounding a large portion of the perimeter of Pecan Grove and open for hiking, jogging and biking – Maintained by PG MUD
- Playground at 2335 Windmill Drive (across from Day Care) – Maintained by the Pecan Grove Plantation Property Owners’ Association
- Belin Park and Field: 3242 Farmer Road – The Grove Homeowner Association
District park sites are open to all District residents and their guests. The boundaries of the District include Pecan Grove, the Grove, CIA, Pecan Lakes and Plantation Place. The MUD District uses operation revenues to help operate and maintain their parks. Park Rules are posted at all District park sites and a complete set of park rules can be obtained from the Parks Manager or Homeowners Association.